Did you know that tomorrow is National CX Day? Some of you may not even know what “CX” means or why there is a day to celebrate CX. CX stands for “Customer Experience,” and it has become an essential part of company strategies to win in the marketplace.
Like any Hallmark holiday, CX Day is an excuse to celebrate. More importantly, it serves as a day to raise awareness of something important that impacts ALL brands. Every employee, from frontline to back office, impacts customer experiences and company perception.
For this reason, it is a great day to recognize employees who demonstrate a commitment to servicing customers and to let customers know how much you appreciate them. It’s all part of creating a CX culture!
How brands can celebrate National CX Day (or make it a CX month)?
- Leaders can send thank you notes to acknowledge employees who focus on DoingCXRight. Formally recognize those that go above and beyond to deliver great customer experiences.
- Throw a party and make it all about customers. Read their surveys out loud and celebrate the good ratings; collectively problem solve for lower scores. Do not let location be a reason not to celebrate. While in person is ideal, virtual meetings can be equally effective especially when leveraging video cameras.
- Partner with Marketing/ PR departments to raise awareness and commitment to CX. Leverage internal (i.e. company intranet) and external channels (i.e. social media) highlighting examples of how customers are valued by your brand. Use hashtags that your employees and customers could follow and reuse on social media channels to share stories with a larger audience.
- Encourage networking. Create opportunities for people to come together and share ways they contribute to the customer experience.
- Provide professional development to enable employees to increase their CX knowledge and apply best practices in their daily job. Take advantage of formal certification programs, attend events, such as RU-Disrupt, and online events offered by CXPA.
Tell us how your company celebrates on National CX Day and every day. Please share this article with others so they can benefit.
Sign Up for our newsletter to continue learning how to increase your skills and transform your organization! When you register now, you will get free access to our whitepaper on how to go from CX Novice to CX Expert.