I recently had the honor of being on Amazing Business Radio hosted by Shep Hyken. He’s a well-known customer service expert, New York Times bestselling author and award-winning keynote speaker. I’ve joined many shows and admit that this CX podcast episode is one of my favorites because of the topic: The power of Wow Moments, why and how to create them.
Listen to episode below or on Shep Hyken’s website.
cx Podcast key takeaways:
- It’s important to consider and optimize CX across the board, but especially within three key areas: digital channels and e-commerce, sales and the frontline, and especially new product development.
- Very few companies take the customer experience into consideration when designing new products. Incorporate the customer’s voice throughout that process and give them a seat at the table from the very beginning.
- Poll the customers and personas to whom you’re marketing and find out their wants and needs. Create your product using that information.
- Customer service is a key component of the customer experience. Ensure every employee understands their role within the larger customer experience, even if they never interact directly with the customer.
- Celebrate your customers and the employees who create excellent experiences. Make it a part of your culture. If you choose to celebrate and devote a day or a week to CX (similar to National Customer Service or CX Week), don’t forget that it’s still a year-round effort.
- Positive change within customer experience and company culture must start from the top. Executives must be fully on board for it to become a part of the culture. They must be role models and champions of the CX initiative.
- “Infuse the customer voice within the development of new products. Make sure the customer is at the table right from the beginning.”
- “Companies and leaders should think about what they can do to delight customers that has nothing to do with the price tag.”
- “Business to business or business to consumer, at the end of the day, it’s human to human. People buy from people.”
Join me on the CX Journey
- Subscribe to my newsletter
- Read more articles
- Listen to podcasts
- Contact me about CX certification options, mentorship, speaking events +
- Follow and connect on Twitter, Instagram & LinkedIn
P.s. Check out my other article “HOW TO CREATE WOW MOMENTS FOR CX SUCCESS. (TRY THIS EASY TECHNIQUE)” where Shep creates a WOW moment for me that you can do too. It’s brilliant.
*All views expressed are Stacys and do not reflect the opinions of or imply the endorsement of employers or other organizations.