- Why do diversity and inclusion matter?
- How do diversity and inclusion relate to the CX?
- What do you do when you see (bullying, rudeness, or insensitivity) in the workplace?
- When do you step as a difficult situation arises?
- How do you protect employees from racist or other difficult encounters?
- At what point do you say my employees are more important than a sale?
I encourage you to listen and adopt the best practices discussed. Let’s have uncomfortable conversations to drive positive changes for all humans.
- Even though it was just women’s history month it shouldn’t be the only time you think about diversity and inclusion. Good practices around diversity and inclusion should happen every day.
- Anyone can be a leader no matter their gender, race, religious belief, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
- It’s important and necessary for leaders to have uncomfortable conversations around diversity and inclusion.
- Businesses need to get feedback from a variety of customers.
- Allow a diverse group of employee’s voices to be heard.
- Keep diversity and inclusion in mind when dealing with employees as well as customers.
- As a leader when a difficult decision comes up, what’s most important is how you adapt and handle the situation.
- Be a strong leader and address issues of diversity within your team head-on.
“Even if you’re in the back office supporting fellow employees or you’re supporting the server who brings the dish out the guest, you matter, and you have a CX job.” -Stacy
“Whether you’re male or female don’t care teamwork makes it happen.” -Stacy
“Increase your empathy. Walk around every day more empathetic because you’ll see things that you wouldn’t have seen before.” -Stacy
Stacy Sherman: Customer Experience (CX) pioneer, known for humanizing business, leading with a heart, and DoingCXRight® not just talking about it.
Shep Hyken is a customer service and experience expert, New York Times bestselling author, award-winning keynote speaker, and your host of Amazing Business Radio.
What are your views about Diversity and Inclusion?
Have you had a workplace experience that provides valuable lessons? Please share and keep the conversations going to drive awareness and support for colleagues, customers, friends, family, and strangers too.