AboutDiscover the Heart & Science of Customer Experience
with Stacy Sherman
About Stacy Sherman
In a world in which impersonal customer interactions are the norm, Stacy Sherman is an empathetic customer experience (CX) pioneer who has devoted her career to leading with a heart and creating lasting customer loyalty through engaged employees. Recognizing the humanity in others is critical to any business’s success. Whether a company is marketing to other businesses or consumers, its ultimate audience is an individual. There is a person at the other end of every campaign and communication; for businesses that desire to be competitive and acquire customers, making a human connection is critical.
Passion & Dedication
Stacy’s mission is to help brands delight customers, meet their needs, and create superior experiences that build not just relationships but lasting, meaningful connections with people. Through her company, DoingCXRight, Stacy advocates for the humanization of business and delivers a framework rooted in the customer. Stacy’s approach aligns cross-functional teams from critical parts of the organization—sales, marketing, product, and leadership to allow stakeholders to deliver a customized customer experience that goes far beyond price of services or goods.
Applying a holistic view of CX, Stacy incorporates employee engagement strategies to realize positive client outcomes. Engaged and happy employees are also loyal and satisfied customers. Stacy partners with clients to execute an integrated, measurable CX strategy that increases customer loyalty and satisfaction, heightened brand value, and reduced market friction. In 2019, she led the first-ever annual CX Day at Schindler Elevator Corporation to drive awareness of the importance of customers’ experiences and show gratitude to employees for their efforts in delivering superior customer service. After its initial success, the company adopted and transformed the program into an entire week dedicated to recognizing CX as a strategic imperative across the global organization. Further, she collaborated with leadership to drive historic customer satisfaction and net promoter scores (NPS) and achieve a year-over-year CAGR of 6%.
Continuous Learning & Improvement
Stacy is committed to developing the next generation of talent, and coaches and mentors those who are looking to break into the field. She has been featured in multiple publications, including Forbes and Psychology Today. She has also received numerous awards and accolades for her leadership in the field, including CX Leader of The Year. In addition, Stacy is a vocal advocate for workplace diversity and inclusion and promotes recruiting and developing talent from underrepresented groups. The results of these efforts are immediate and remarkable—heightened competitiveness and improved productivity. She continues to drive cultural transformation by creating environments focused on empathetic leadership, stakeholder accountability, and open and honest communication among team members.
Experience & Fun Facts
Known for leading with both heart and science, Stacy has held multiple leadership roles at major companies such as AT&T, Verizon, Martha Stewart Crafts, and Schindler Elevator. Her strategic skills are not limited to business—she is also a serious backgammon player who has traveled internationally to compete. Stacy holds a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration & Marketing from American University and a Master of Business Administration in Marketing from Fairleigh Dickinson University. She has a multitude of professional certifications, including one in Customer Experience & Design Thinking from Rutgers University. A mother of two human kids and one furry one, she and her husband live in suburban New Jersey.
Why I Launched DoingCXRight®
As a consumer, I have seen too many brands miss opportunities to delight customers and meet their needs. Likewise, I’ve felt and witnessed employees not feeling valued, included, and empowered to deliver customer excellence. Consequently, I am on a mission to create and inspire better experiences so that REAL human connections and happiness can exist.
DoingCXRight is a journey-based framework that advocates for humanizing business and maximizing satisfaction through a meaningful and practical approach to customer experience (CX). It’s based on engaged employees and leaders who apply both heart and science — combining proven techniques to create brand affinity, loyalty, and a competitive edge that delivers results. My methodology applies to all industries and differentiates brands. (It’s beyond price!)
Happy engaged employees lead to happy loyal customers. There is a direct correlation, which I have learned from comparing employee and customer Net Promoter (NPS) results. Customer satisfaction cannot happen without great employee experiences, so there must be a champion at the top who advocates for thought diversity, inclusion, and employee needs. As I climb the corporate ladder, I’ve been a change agent encouraging everyone to show up as their best selves without fear of judgment. I am also elevating careers, especially women who have not traditionally been invited to the table where decisions are made. Some passion projects include:
- Hosting “Women Leaders Making A Difference” community nearly 1000 members.
- Contributing Member: Forbes Women.
- Writing and podcasting about Overcoming Diversity Challenges.
- Speaking at events, such as Raise Her Voice, per global nomination.
- Coaching people as part of a formal corporate leadership program.
Contact me for mentoring & collaboration opportunities.
Education & Certifications
- MBA, Marketing – Fairleigh Dickinson
- BSBA Marketing- American University
- Net Promoter System (NPS) – Owen
- Customer Experience (CX) – Rutgers
- Big Data – Rutgers
- Customer – Centric Management & Design Thinking – Rutgers
- Usability Analyst (CUA) – Human Factors (HFI)
- Search Engine Optimization(SEO) – Ayima
- Social Media Marketing – Rutgers
- Paid Search(SEM) – Google
Awards & Accolades
- CX Leader of The Year Finalist 2019 and 2020 ~ MyCustomer
- Customer Experience MVP 2020 awards – CEU
- Customer Experience CX + UX 2020 Awards Judge ~ ARCET
- Top 20 Influencers to follow in 2020 ~ MatsenKumar
- Top 150 Global CX thought Leaders of 2020 ~ SurveySensum
- Top 50 Customer Service Leaders ~ Netomi
- CX Impact Award Finalist ~ CXPA
- Usability Expert Recognition ~Human Factors International
- Forbes writer and top-ranked columnist for CustomerThink
- CX Founding Board Member & Advisor: Rutgers. George Washington & Seton Hall Universities
Improving Experiences As A Brand Differentiator
- Transform culture through people management and coaching
- Customer (CX), User Experience (UX), Employee Experience (EX)
- Voice of Customer (VoC)+ Employee (VoE)
- Persona development & journey mapping
- Website optimization through test & learn A/B approach
- Digital Marketing and personalization
- Research. Survey Design, User testing
- Contact Center & Survey Team effectiveness
On a Personal Note
Mom of two fabulous kids and a Schnoodle dog. Fan of Simon Sinek. Applying his why principles every day & mentoring others to do the same. I’m passionate about inclusion & thought diversity (as happy employees lead to happy customers.) I don’t just talk. I’m a doer such as: launching “Women Leaders Making A Difference” community because I know that small actions lead to big impacts. I love writing, speaking & podcasting to spread inspiration. Fun fact: I’m a Backgammon expert. Traveled internationally to play in tournaments.
Connect with me for mentoring & collaboration opportunities.