WHO IS STACY SHERMAN
Bringing The Heart Back To Business
The short answer:
Stacy is an award-winning keynote speaker, author, advisor, and podcaster focused on Doing Customer Experiences Right as a brand differentiator. She’s created a Heart & Science™ framework that accelerates loyalty and revenue fueled by an empowered workforce.
Stacy has held multiple leadership roles at major companies over the past 25 years, such as Liveops, Verizon, Wilton Brands, AT&T, and Schindler Elevator. What differentiates Stacy from others is that she brings real-life examples and customer service experience best practices from being in the trenches as a strategist and practitioner.
Stacy’s strategic skills are not limited to business—she is also a serious backgammon player who has traveled internationally to compete.
A mother of two human kids and two furry ones, Stacy and her husband of 28 years live in the New York metro area.
Check What Others Say About Stacy HERE.
The longer story:
In a world in which impersonal customer interactions are the norm, Stacy Sherman is an empathetic customer experience (CX) pioneer who has devoted her career to leading with a heart and creating lasting customer loyalty through engaged employees. Recognizing the humanity in others is critical to any business’s success. Whether a company is marketing to
other businesses or consumers, its ultimate audience is an individual. There is a person at the other end of every campaign and communication; for businesses that desire to be competitive and acquire customers, making a human connection is critical.
Passion & Dedication
Stacy’s mission is to help brands delight customers, meet their needs, and create superior experiences that build not just relationships but lasting, meaningful connections with people. Through her company, DoingCXRight, Stacy advocates for the humanization of business and delivers a framework rooted in the customer. Stacy’s approach aligns cross-functional teams from critical parts of the organization—sales, marketing, product, and leadership to allow stakeholders to deliver a customized customer experience that goes far beyond price of services or goods.
Applying a holistic view of CX, Stacy incorporates employee engagement strategies to realize positive client outcomes. Engaged and happy employees are also loyal and satisfied customers. Stacy partners with clients to execute an integrated, measurable CX strategy that increases customer loyalty and satisfaction, heightened brand value, and reduced market friction. In 2019, she led the first-ever annual CX Day at Schindler Elevator Corporation to drive awareness of the importance of customers’ experiences and show gratitude to employees for their efforts in delivering superior customer service. After its initial success, the company adopted and transformed the program into an entire week dedicated to recognizing CX as a strategic imperative across the global organization. Further, she collaborated with leadership to drive historic customer satisfaction and net promoter scores (NPS) and achieve a year-over-year CAGR of 6%.
Continuous Learning & Improvement
Stacy is committed to developing the next generation of talent, and coaches and mentors those who are looking to break into the field. She has been featured in multiple publications, including Forbes and Psychology Today. She has also received numerous awards and accolades for her leadership in the field, including CX Leader of The Year. In addition, Stacy is a vocal advocate for workplace diversity and inclusion and promotes recruiting and developing talent from underrepresented groups. The results of these efforts are immediate and remarkable—heightened competitiveness and improved productivity. She continues to drive cultural transformation by creating environments focused on empathetic leadership, stakeholder accountability, and open and honest communication among team members.
Join daily conversations on social media.
Interested in collaborating with Stacy Sherman for your event, article, podcast, or mentorship?
Why Doing CX Right® Passion?
As a consumer, Stacy Sherman has seen too many brands miss opportunities to delight customers and meet their needs. Likewise, she’s experienced and witnessed employees not feeling valued, included, and empowered to deliver customer excellence as digital transformation continues rapidly. Consequently, she is on a mission to help people DOING CX RIGHT, not just TALKING, to maximize fulfilling connections & loyalty now more than ever as human hearts and AI robots co-exist.
DoingCXRight is a journey-based framework that advocates for humanizing business and better experiences through a meaningful and practical approach. It’s based on engaged employees and leaders who apply both heart and science — combining proven techniques to create brand affinity and a competitive edge that delivers results. Stacy’s methodology applies to all industries and differentiates brands beyond price!
Education & Certifications
- MBA, Marketing – Fairleigh Dickinson
- BSBA Marketing- American University
- Net Promoter System (NPS) – Owen
- Customer Experience (CX) – Rutgers
- Design Thinking – Pace Univ: Lubin School of Business
- Big Data – Rutgers
- User Experience (UX) – Rutgers
- Usability Analyst (CUA) – Human Factors (HFI)
- Search Engine Optimization(SEO) – Ayima
- Social Media Marketing – Rutgers
- Paid Search(SEM) – Google & Yahoo
Awards & Accolades
- Global Top 30 Customer Service Guru 2021 and 2023 – Global Gurus
- Top 25 Customer Service Thought Leader 2021 & 2023 – ICMI
- Top Customer Experience Influencers in 2023 ~ CX Network
- Top 50 Brand Ambassadors To Work With in 2023 ~ Engati
- Top 5 Customer Experience Podcasts ~ CX Magazine
- Top 20 Global Customer Experience Experts – Marketvibe
- Top 5 Key Note Speakers 2021 – ReadWrite
- Top Customer Experience (CX) Influencer 2021 – Awards Magazine
- Customer Experience + UX 2020 & 2021 Awards Judge ~ ARCET
- Top Customer Experience Resources to follow in 2021 – MattsenKumar
- CX Leader of The Year Finalist 2019 + 2020 ~MyCustomer
- Customer Experience MVP 2020 awards – CEU
- Top 20 Influencers to follow in 2020 ~ MatsenKuma
- Top 150 Global CX thought Leaders of 2020 ~ SurveySensum
- Top 50 Customer Service Leaders ~ Netomi
- CX Impact Award Finalist ~ CXPA
- Usability Expert Recognition ~Human Factors International
- Forbes writer and top-ranked columnist for CustomerThink
- CX Founding Board Member & Advisor: Rutger & Seton Hall Universities
Diversity & Inclusion Advocate
Happy engaged employees lead to happy loyal customers. There is a direct correlation, which Stacy Sherman has learned from comparing employee and customer Net Promoter (NPS) results. Customer satisfaction cannot happen without great employee experiences, so a champion at the top must advocate for thought diversity, inclusion, and employee needs. As Stacy climbs the corporate ladder, she’s been a change agent encouraging everyone to show up as their best selves without fear of judgment. Stacy is also elevating careers, especially for women who have not traditionally been invited to the table where decisions are made. Some passion projects include:
- Leading Diversity Advancement ~Customer Experience Professional Assoc (CXPA)
- Hosting “Women Leaders Making A Difference” community. 1500+ members.
- Contributing Member: Forbes Women.
- Speaking at events, such as Raise Her Voice, per global nomination.
- Coaching people based on completion of an Executive leadership program.
Stacy Sherman Customer Experience & Service Leadership Expertise
- Workforce Trends: leveraging the gig economy & digital transformation success tactics
- Brand Loyalty: how to get repeat buyers & referrals
- Diversity, Inclusion, and CX: how it blends & why it matters
- Company Culture: ways to elevate employee engagement
- Effective Leadership: communication best practices
- Measurements of Customer Happiness: NPS isn’t enough
- Journey Mapping: what, who, when, how, why do it
- Voice of Customer: how it can be your game changer
- Digital & Mobile: tactics to create enjoyable user experiences
- Patient Experiences: how CX applies to the medical industry
- Website optimization through test & learn A/B approach
- Research. Survey Design, User testing (UX)
- Contact Center Effectiveness leveraging tools and platforms.
On a Personal Note
Mom of two children and two dogs. Fan of Simon Sinek. Applying his why principles every day & mentoring others to do the same. I’m an inclusion & thought diversity advocate (as happy employees lead to happy customers.) I don’t just talk. I’m a doer such as hosting “Women Leaders Making A Difference” community. I believe that small actions lead to big impacts. I love writing, speaking & podcasting to educate, empower and uplift others to maximize results. Fun fact: I’m a Backgammon lover. Traveled internationally to compete in tournaments.
Connect for mentoring & collaboration opportunities.