The Importance of Agent Experience (AX)
Customer experience (CX) is a significant driver of business success in the modern age. Customers expect more than just good products and solutions; they want authentic personalized experiences, high quality, and delivery of the brand promise. This does not happen without prioritizing agent experiences and investing in their success.
Agents are the front line just as much, if not more, than sales teams. Service agents have the power to make or break a company’s success. It’s no secret that engaged agents are motivated, connected, and satisfied with their job, team, and organization, and this connection transfers to the customer.
Investing in agent experience is about more than just providing them with the proper training and tools. It is also related to helping them feel valued and appreciated for their contributions, providing support and resources, and empowering agents to succeed. So let’s dig deeper into agent engagement tactics.
Invest In Agent Experience Tools and Recognition
Deploying the right technology is essential for agents to do their job effectively, such as customer relationship management (CRM) systems access to customer data and analytics. Equipping agents with tools and simple ways to do their job with less effort, they can quickly and accurately diagnose customer issues and provide the best solutions. Additionally, having the right tools help agents save time, enabling them to focus on building customer relationships and increasing retention.
Furthermore, recognizing agents for their hard work and dedication fosters loyalty and appreciation, which fuels them to provide even better customer service on purpose. Recognition can be in the form of rewards, such as bonuses or promotions, or it can be more informal, such as public praise and a personal thank-you call from the CEO. Remember: small actions usually have significant impacts!
Invest Time and Care in Getting Agent Feedback
Including customer service agents in decision-making is another essential aspect of investing in agent engagement. Customer service representatives have a unique perspective and understanding of the customer experience, and their insights can be invaluable to the business. In addition, giving agents a seat at the table to represent the “voice of the customer” makes them feel empowered and motivated to go up and beyond. So, it’s a win for the company, the agent, and ultimately the customer.
Key Takeaways for Leaders To Enhance Agent Experiences
The following are some actionable tactics to improve agent experiences and success for better customer outcomes:
- Focus on agent well-being, including physical, emotional, and mental health. Tactics include direct conversations, sentiment surveys, and more.
- Establish a community for agents to provide a space for feedback and support. Include cross-teams in the community to foster connectivity and collaboration.
- Recognize and reward agents who provide exceptional service. Read customer surveys and social media, as people often mention agents by name.
- Provide regular agent training to enhance their skills and knowledge. i.e., Lunch and learns. Onboarding sessions.
- Create a meaningful work culture and foster a sense of purpose and belonging among agents.
- Engage agents in decision-making by giving them a voice at leadership meetings to inform business strategies.
- Streamline administrative tasks so agents can focus on providing the best customer experience possible and build relationships.
- Provide customer service to the agent. i.e., if they need help with equipment, respond quickly and fix their pain points as they pay it forward to the customer.