The answer is: It Depends. Happiness is a choice no matter what circumstances come our way. We can choose to be content or experience opposite feelings.
Seth Godin shares his views, which resonates a lot.
If we mean, Is everything going to be the way it was and the way I expected it to be?” then the answer is no. The answer to that question is always no, it always has been. If we mean, “Is everything going to be the way it is going to be?” then the answer is yes. Of course. If we define whatever happens as okay, then everything will be. Given that everything is going to be the way it’s going to be, we’re left with an actually useful and productive question instead: “What are you going to do about it?”
My 2 Cents: YES, We’ll Be Better Than Before.
- We’ll take LESS FOR GRANTED.
- We’ll have new ways of ENGAGING employees and delivering customer excellence. Read example: “How companies are quickly pivoting to an online business without sacrificing CX“
- We’ll APPRECIATE in-person human connections.
- We’ll ENJOY what used to be mundane activities, i.e. sitting in coffee shops. View my Forbes article “What Excellent CX Brands Can Teach Us At Coffee Shops”
- We’ll have new SKILLS. Read inspiring article and apply what works for you: “What people are doing across the world to stay productive and calm during the Coronavirus outbreak“
Get more inspiration:
- Subscribe to my newsletter
- Read leadership articles
- Listen to my podcasts
- Contact me for mentorship
- Get updates on Twitter,Instagram & LinkedIn
Wishing you good health, safety and happiness.
*All views expressed are mine and do not reflect the opinions of or imply the endorsement of employers or other organizations.