Have you ever felt drained of all motivation and energy and struggled to find purpose in your work? If so, you’re not alone. Burnout and disengagement are two common issues affecting millions worldwide, causing decreased productivity, low morale, and poor mental health.
Identifying Burnout vs. Disengagement
Productivity “Power-Ups” to Show up as Your Best Self Without Burnout
Productivity “power-ups” are habits and tools that help you work more efficiently and with less stress. Marcey Rader, a productivity expert, shares many great tips about “power-ups” on my DoingCXRight podcast episode 33. Ideas include:
- Reduce distractions: Turn off notifications on your phone and computer, close unnecessary tabs, and use noise-canceling headphones to block out noise.
- Time-block your schedule: Allocate sections on your calendar for specific tasks to increase focus and reduce multitasking.
- Use a task manager: Some popular platforms are Todoist and Trello, which can help you organize your projects and meet deadlines without relying on your busy brain to remember.
Tactics to Amp up Energy, Conquer Calendars, and Emails with Focus
- Take care of your physical health: Exercise regularly, eat a healthy diet, and get enough sleep to boost your energy levels and reduce stress. These may be obvious yet often overlooked.
- Use the “Two-Minute Rule”: If a task takes less than two minutes, do it immediately instead of adding it to your to-do list.
- Schedule email and social media time: Set specific times for checking messages to avoid distractions throughout the day.
- Set calendar boundaries: Schedule your workday with start and end times, and avoid planning meetings during your most productive hours.
Get More Tips and Tricks To Reduce Burnout and Thrive
Listen to Stacy Sherman’s Doing CXRight Podcast with featured guest Marcey Rader.
Empower Employees and Customer Service Agents With ThriveGlobal’s “Reset”
While attending 3 Tree Tech Customer Experience Executive roundtable, I learned about ThriveGlobal’s Reset solution presented by Richard Zee. If you are unfamiliar, I suggest you learn more about the popular product designed to help people quickly gain mental resilience, de-stress in real-time, and increase productivity. There are tons of use cases for contact centers, technicians working in dangerous environments, and more.
ThriveGlobal figured out how to link science and storytelling to help people pause and focus on their breath and what is most important in life. It’s integrated into popular conference platforms such as Zoom and Webex too. More details are on the company’s website.
Prioritizing your mental health and well-being is essential to avoid burnout and disengagement. By identifying the signs and taking steps to prevent burnout, such as using hacks to stay motivated, taking productivity power-ups, and amping up energy, you can stay on top of your game while maintaining a healthy work-life balance. The same applies to your colleagues and work teams, where technology platforms like Thrive Reset can be a valuable resource. By taking care of yourself, you’ll be better equipped to show up as your best self for your customers, colleagues, boss, family, and friends, no matter what challenges come your way.